Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scanlation: Kōkyōshihen Eureka Seven New Order - 1

This is what translation looks like when you only know 200 kanji; that monster is 2,000 pages long, and yes, it's a LOT more work to find what you want compared to an English dictionary.

In any case, it was long and difficult, and it is 20 minutes before 6 AM, but I finally finished the first chapter of New Order. This is the first time I have ever scanlated anything completely on my own before, though I have to apologize for the scan quality (my scanner is ancient and makes everything look more pixelated than it really is) as well as for the shoddy cleaning job. It is midterms week after all. I'm about ready to collapse, seeing as this is my fifth all-nighter all week, but I hope the translations do the manga justice regardless. Don't forget, a group scanlated version is on the way soon (I will be working as a translator for that project as well)!


Just a quick note, the first chapter is a bit of a situational chapter; it explains the context of what's going on and why, but all the really good stuff is actually in chapter 2 and beyond. Still, I hope you enjoy Miyama's work (he LOVES transparent speech bubbles; those things are hellishly hard to edit), if only because we get to see Renton and Eureka again!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No problem! I hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete
    2. Could I share the link in a forum?

      Delete
    3. Sure, I guess. I don't see any problem with that.

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much and great work!
    To see Eureka and Renton not being able to be together really breaks my heart, but it's not over yet, so let's wait and see :p
    Btw, after which episode of the anime do you think this first episode comes?
    Thanks again!
    Sincerely,
    Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oh, your heart will be broken, I promise. There's more than one volume though, so it's a long time til then.

      It doesn't really start in a specific place; lots of the details are different. For example, in this version Talho never changed and it doesn't look like Eureka and Renton met Sakuya. However, the events seem to be happening in the last ten episodes of the series, before Dewey starts with Orange.

      Delete
  3. Hey thanks for the translation man.Read it all the first volume,love it! I really love the love aspect and renton being funny as always also anemone is still a crazy bitch as always lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm more than happy to do what I can. ^^ It's a really good manga that's been getting some bad rep for being another AU; but as long as there's people like you who enjoy it, I'm sure it makes Miyama-sensei happy!

      Delete
    2. There is no password. There's only a captcha.

      Delete
  4. Help!! what's the password?

    ReplyDelete