Friday, March 22, 2013

Podcast: Winter 2013 Thoughts



Hello everyone! I've been meaning to get to this for a while, but unfortunately school hasn't let me get around to organizing it until now. After hours of editing and making general fools of ourselves on Skype, I present the first official The Limit of Questions podcast. 

N.B.: There is some light foul language; sorry, we slipped.

First of all, I'd like to thank my wonderful guest/best friend/twin, Brandon/Beardlyguy (shave it dude, seriously) for putting up with my nervous, rapid-fire chatter. It's been like six years since we've been on podcasts at all, and this is my first time hosting one, so I talked way too much in an effort to not freak out. Next time, I'll try not to overdo it.

It's rather late in the season to be making a podcast about it, but here it is anyway. We had a blast making it, so we hope you enjoy listening. I know the quality isn't the best, and a couple of times the microphones went haywire, but what can I say: our equipment was kind of lame.

Outline:

1. Introductions

2. Shin Sekai Yori

3. Kotoura-san

4. Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

5. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

6. Winter: Zetsuen no Tempest, HunterxHunter, Chihayafuru 2, Shirokuma Cafe, Bakuman 3

7. General Winter Season Impression

8. Non-Winter Series: Gosick, Star Driver

9. Most Anticipated Spring Titles

10. Conclusion and Outro

6 comments:

  1. I want a Spring 2013 one :P lol but nice podcast :) Typically i could care less about whos a guy or girl and think girls are way more epic, but it's refreshing to have a girl doing a podcast for once.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm? Do girls not normally do podcasts? :0

      Delete
  2. You are not demented LOL, SSY is an excellent series through and through with so many great ideas that are actually well developed for once. It's food for thought. But I have to say this....Saki and Satouru are both in love with Shun....so it..would be..weird if they were...all over each other LOL...Yeah, this series screwed with my perception of gender big time, in a good way I guess.

    And love your Bones rave, I usually can't stop when I talk about Bones, my friends end up giving me the "oh no..she's in her state of madness again." I agree with ZnT being a perfect fit, Bones cannot go two series without destroying the world in some way, but I love it, haha. Thanks for the podcast!

    P.S HunterxHunter is awesome! and so is Chihayafuru, Madhouse is another great studio at picking source material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I'm watching the finale right now actually. Even if they were in love with Shun though, they had a link all through their childhood. Well, I'm pretty open about gender, but I can see where it would throw someone for a loop.

      Well, I HAVE seen Eureka Seven 34 times; I do love my Bones, haha. Brandon likes them a lot too, though his favorite mecha/anime is NGE. That's how my friends think when I start talking about E7.

      I'm glad you really enjoyed it! We used to do these things like six/seven years ago but we're rusty now; hopefully we'll improve over time.

      Delete
    2. The finale is like....so beautiful, brutal but beautiful. I think SSY is probably my top pick of the fall season (and the winter of course, but that's a given). Hope to read your review soon!

      And woah, you've seen it 34 times?! Now that's what I can devotion!! My favorite anime is FMA-B (though E7 is a close second) and I've only seen it about 5 times! I haven't seen NGE, I know it's a sin. lol..I AM really fond of Rahxephon though, so I will definitely visit NGE soon, as soon as school stop getting in the way.

      Delete
    3. I'm writing my post on it now actually. Should be up in an hour or so. =)

      Yes, I scare myself sometimes, haha. Curiously, FMAB is my second favorite, haha. Don't worry about it, I only got to NGE last year myself; as long as you get to it sometime. RahXephon is pretty good, and they're pretty similar in some ways, so I'm sure you'd like NGE.

      Delete