Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lightbox and Site Updates

This is pretty much what I feel like whenever I realize I need to get through HTML to fix stuff; I'm not much of a programmer and sometimes trying to fix something really simple takes a lot more coding than I actually want to do. But it has to get done one way or another, hence the Renton determination cap.

Anyway, Lightbox is still down on all Blogger accounts, but I've found a French workaround. Clicking on screencaps will now direct you to the same Lightbox format as before, though the numbering will be in French (3 sur 18, for example). I'm searching for an English alternative (because I'm too OCD to let it go), but for now that's the best patch I could find.

I've also added a different set of share buttons at the bottom of posts, including a custom Tumblr one I styled myself to try and make things more uniform. Hopefully these are nicer to use, though please let me know if you preferred the old style.

In addition, I've set up a Twitter for the site, which you can follow from the sidebar or here. (The background images are not of my own creation; I just really like the arrangement. The original can be found on Eka's tumblr: Sayonara, Fall in Love)

Hopefully these updates are useful! Please let me know if something isn't working or if you would like to see something else added to the functionality.

4 comments:

  1. Been browsing this blog for a while and I have to say it's pretty underrated, because your stuff is cool. Think I'll add you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you. I know I'm not the best writer, but I'm working hard to improve. I hope you enjoy looking around; I like how honest you are about your taste in anime, by the way.

      Delete
  2. Talking about not being a programmer....You are probably 100x better than I am lol...No joke, I cannot handle HTML codes, or any other programming language for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HTML is ridiculous. The most mind-boggling part for me is that I used to be pretty good at it when I was way younger because I had lots of programmer friends at my school (we had a tech/health academy high school). Now it all looks like utter gibberish and it takes me forever just to figure out what I need to do.

      Delete