Friday, July 26, 2013

Deadman Wonderland - 56.2

"Last Chance"

Not crying, I swear...

This is a really short chapter, so there's only so much one can say about it. It's not a surprise to me that Shiro has always loved Ganta and wanted to be with him, as no matter how naive she was in her split personality, it's always undeniably been her true feelings. Even the cruel Shiro who should by all means hate Ganta has never asked for anything but release at his hands, and I think that's very true to who she is, even if the events surrounding all of this are as twisted and horrifying as ever. I can't really say I like that Shiro would have chosen to die, dramatic though it is, but I like that Ganta doesn't even try to go through with it for real. For all his tough talk and hatred, he too loves Shiro, and it's only fitting that in the end, he'd take on the burden of what that means instead of becoming consumed with hatred. I'm not sure if they're alive or if they died together in that last few seconds, but whatever it is that's happened, these two chose their path, and they've decided to go down it together, just as they started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment